Tuesday, July 19, 2011

SIGGRAPH Travel Preparations... just two more weeks

Yep, just two more weeks and I'm starting to nail down everything for the trip. I got the passport, the little letter I need from the SIGGRAPH Conference Chair to enter the country and all that. Maps from the hotel to the Convention Center.

Not worried too much about getting there.

Flying to Vancouver. Not a big deal.
I'll be leaving Indy at 4 pm on the 3rd, landing in Denver for a 3 hour layover and make my way to Vancouver from there and landing at 9 pm. Plenty of time.

Now here is where I get worried.

Leave Vancouver on the 12th and land in Chicago about 4 pm.
And leave Chicago at 5 pm to go back to Indy.

So this is what concerns me.
Land in Chicago at the International Terminal, take airport transit to the domestic terminal, go through security AGAIN and get on my plane. ALL IN ONE HOUR!!
Are you Serious?!?!

Now granted I'm sure it can be done otherwise a flight like this would not have been scheduled but it still makes me nervous. Especially considering that last year without a strange twist of luck, I would have been stranded in Chicago on my way to L.A. because of flight delays.

I'm also probably a bit nervous because this is only my second time flying and first time flying to another country.

I'm really hoping all goes well and my nervousness is unfounded.

2 comments:

  1. One hour is not a lot of time, I had the same thing happen coming in from a trip from Mexico and we had to RUN!!! Good luck =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! It certainly is going to be cutting it close. I think I am just going to worry about it when the time comes and just enjoy my week.

    And then have a good run at the airport and get some exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete