Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I can't think of a title

or really a way to start. I guess this past semester at school left me a little bit drained. I did well during the semester... very well in fact. It was just very exhausting and feel like I came up short even though I walked away with A's. I could be being very hard on myself but who knows. A great deal of the disenchantment came from my animation class. Not because I don't love it, but because I felt like my imagination turned off during the class.  It also bothered me because I am a much better modeler than what I did in that class and I felt like sticking to the syllabus was hurting me creatively. Granted, I know there is a reason why the students were being taught to do the modeling the way we were, but my mind kept saying I am beyond what this class is teaching as far as modeling. The animation part of the syllabus I really did need to learn and also the learning to rely more on procedural textures as opposed to painted textures was nice to learn.

Because of this disenchantment, I have decided to start work on my next project that will be a part of the next class about a little alien attacking a fictional "military base" that is meant to be humorous. This raises another concern of mine of whether or not I spend too much time at my computer improving my animation skills that I'm missing the bigger picture. I am constantly in fear that if I spend too much time doing this that I am heading straight for a burnout. I mean really when I'm not at work, I'm at computer. I don't really do much else.

I also have these feelings creeping in that I am going to be 32 this year, am not married, am showing no signs of ever getting married and all that other stuff life brings. I've been engaged before, which obviously and thankfully didn't work out. The most amusing thing about that is why it all came to an end. Not only was the girl not the right one for me, but she kept saying how I had no drive or passion for anything. I kept telling her that I didn't know what it was yet, but was I knew I would be doing it and nothing would get in my way. The real point of is that there were so many times when she and I would sit down and watch animated movies together and the signs of my love for animation were starting to show, and I can't help but wonder sometimes if only she could see me now. Hmmm... I guess I am currently in a bit of a state of reflection at the moment. So yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment