Sunday, January 9, 2011

Projects and what not

So I've been planning and began production on several projects and I"m really undecided as to which one I'll finish first. I had the idea of an alien attacking a secret military installation known simply as "Area 62" but do to limitations of my computer I'm concerned that the rendering due to all the effects necessary for the animation would be extremely long. 

The next one on the list is a mad scientist in his lab trying to bring a freakish creation to life and having it fail miserably. I thought of having the mad scientist be a ring tailed lemur mainly because I want an animal for a character and also because I really want to do something with fur even though this would also drastically increase render times. It also bothers me a bit because it is not really very original.

Thirdly is a story taking place in a morgue although this one is confounding me because I don't really know what kind of a story I could tell in morgue that would be humorous. 

Something else that is on my mind is that I was supposed to be the 3D modeler for a student's thesis and it's been over 4 weeks since his last email and I now think that has turned out to be nothing. I'm a bit disappointed because this could have been a good opportunity to get work seen and also have something great for a demo reel. Mostly I'm disappointed because I've really been wanting to do a collaborative project and still have yet to see that happen.

On another note, I have sort of a love/hate relationship with internet communication. I often find that things like email and instant messengers are completely devoid of any real sort of human connection. Granted cell phones aren't much better but I thought it would be an interesting experiment to just randomly post my cell number on the internet somewhere just to see how many people would actually call or text it. Will I really do it? Probably not. I'm pretty guarded about who I give my number to and the end result probably would not be to my liking. Still though, it would be interesting to do none the less.

And now a little something that always brings a smile to my face...

No comments:

Post a Comment