Monday, May 16, 2011

Just one week left

One week is left in what has been my most difficult semester yet. Not that the work was extremely hard, but the workload was tough. Some of which I brought on myself.


First there was my class animation project. I never do anything simple and probably never will. Not only did do more work than the other students who only animated one or two characters, I animated 3. I then decided one would be animated going up stairs and falling down them. That turned out alright, but damn I was killing myself on that one. Then I decided well 2 of the characters are ghost and they need effects. And in comes compositing and After Effects work. So I then to break up the animation into render layers for the composite and the effects. Overall, it was a lot of fun and I loved doing it. But it was stressful, I was pulling at my hair, I didn't sleep, and deadlines were always looming. So if anything from that stand point, I think I'm ready to work at a studio.

Then there is the Texturing and Lighting class. This class had two major projects. First the alley project and the pumpkin composite. The alley project not so bad. The pumpkin composite kicked my ass. But it was also fun.

Then there is Perspective class which at that the start of the semester I really enjoyed and totally loved. Now I just want it to come to an end so I never have to think about that class again. 10 times the work of the other classes combined. Now I know this sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm really not. I truly enjoyed every minute of the semester and really know now that I do love this. You have to love it to put this much time and work.

That also having been said, this semester was a learning experience. I really learned what kind of an animator I want to be as far as the stories I want to tell and the emotions behind those stories. I also got extreme encouragement from my texturing class instructor to take a story I've developed and have been for close to 10 years and get it really going.

So all I can say at this point before head into the lion's den to do my Perspective class final (the only one left) is I learned a lot and made a lot of new friends and connections and even myself a bigger part of the University through my new position and title. And because of all of this... big things are on the horizon. And that is all I will say. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment