Friday, May 27, 2011

SIGGRAPH Preparation and other news

A group of students at my school have gotten together to produce an animated short to put on the festival circuit.
We have a really great story and we have this gut feeling that people will really enjoy it. After a seven hour production meeting, we got more than we could have asked for. We have a producer now.  We are getting ambitious, but ambition is a good thing.

I actually like that we had this meeting as well because it made me think of the story about how most if not all of the Pixar films were ideas that happened during a lunch John Lasseter was having with the other big names at Pixar who would go on to direct Pixar films.



On another note. I'm prepping for SIGGRAPH 2011. And I designed my own business card. No pre designed crap like had last year. I really just thought about what do I want this card to say about me. Yes, I am a character animator, but it has to have my personality as well. And here I am unveiling my business card design. The first time I ever designed one. It's simple, but elegant. I think anyway.
And yes my number and email is on there for the upload, but I thought if it wasn't the full effect would be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment