Saturday, June 18, 2011

Learning more....

So yeah in my pursuit of becoming a student of Animation Mentor, I have been doing research into the school and have come across some pretty cool things.

One of them is this. A blog written by an AM student who also lives in Indiana. In the blog, he describes in some detail each of the assignments he has done with AM so far in his studies and my only thought is why don't universities teach these and hand out these kinds of assignments in their animation programs.

Though I am not an AM student yet, I have been looking at the work this guy has done with AM and thought to myself there is no reason why I have to be an AM student to do these assignments on my own and improve my skills. Which is exactly what I am doing. It also helps me to serve as a guide to know what to expect when I am an AM student. Now some may argue that finding a blog that states all the AM assignments is a cheat, but I rather view it as a heads up since no one animator is the same.

Now clearly I do not have the rigs this guy has since they are exclusive to AM students only, but I have several rigs that are just as good and flexible to do what this guy has been doing.

This blog is a huge inspiration and it coupled with several of the things Animation Mentor has sent me has already helped to improve my skills as an animator and given me more confidence which admittedly is something that I lack from time to time.

And since I feel no artist or animator should be left out of the things I learn, here is the link to the blog.

http://chaseshields.blogspot.com/

Hopefully it is as inspiring and helpful to others as it is to me.

On another note, I downloaded the tween machine plugin for Maya and I can't imagine how I have gone without it for so long. It's freaking awesome.

So, on that note. Expect to see more and better things from me in the not so distant future.

Now on to animating!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment