Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Travel back in time Zelda style

Yeah, so in honor of the anniversary of the best damned game series ever to grace the world I post this. An orchestrated version of the final boss music that played in OoT. Only the most epic battle of any Zelda game to this point. Time for a trip down memory lane. So I'm playing the game in my usual relaxed style, running around like a crazy Hylian all over Hyrule, gathering up rupees, smashing pots, kicking some major scary monster ass and I finally reach Ganon's tower. I'm thinking this is it. The culmination of hours of gameplay and here I am, at last. I get through the tower, save Zelda, finish off Ganondorf (or so I thought) and escape with all body parts intact. Then as Zelda and Link are about to make with the celebration of a battle well fought, the distant rumble occurs in what remains of the tower. I go to check it out and out pops Ganondorf who unleashes all his power and turns into the most frightening incarnation of his pig like form EVER!!! And naturally the music is cued as Ganondorf transfigures himself into the damned scary Ganon. At that moment I went from relaxed and chill, to Ah shit, I'm bout to get my ass kicked!!  What made this fight so eerily creepy was the music, the atmosphere, and that big damn boar looking thing trying to make Link into meat pie! I'd be lying if seriously didn't consider dropping the controller and running for the hills. So, here it is, the creepiest piece of music to the creepiest boss battle in all of Zelda history. It still sends chills up my spine.




No comments:

Post a Comment