Monday, February 14, 2011

Vulnerable... but it's alright

Yeah, so I swore I wouldn't post anything about Valentine's Day. I generally as a rule of thumb dislike it with a fervor and not for the reasons most people would assume. I generally dislike it because the nature of what it represents to the male population. I would wager large sums of money that 90% of the male population view as the one day of the year that they have do something for their significant others. Where as I tend to look at it as what is wrong with the other 364 days of the year?

Now that is out of the way. A rundown of the day's events. I went to work. worked worked and worked some more. Which is really just the short of it all. ******************************************
*******************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************

The consistent string of stars is a representation of something I started typing, realized I was getting more personal for my liking and put the stars there to just remind myself of what I was typing.

So let's get on with things that due to what day it was besides anything involving other people. What do I love? I love animation. I love talking about with people who have no idea what I'm talking about. When a person starts throwing around terms like graph editor, tangents, splines, rigs, and Inverse Kinematics and when the response is "you may as well be speaking another language" is always priceless. I can't even begin to smile about the number of times I discuss the 12 principles of animation with someone and I get a look like I'm crazy. 

I do admit that it would be really nice to have a conversation with another animator from time to time, but alas such is life.

I would double bounce walk my way to the next topic except I don't have one....  Oh wait, yes I do. My new Wacom tablet will be delivered soon. My own V-day gift to myself. Upgrade from the Bamboo to the Intuos 4. Can't wait to get it. Less than 14 hours.  So now on to other things as there is animating to be done!!

Oh and I am now possibly completely free from wisdom teeth pain. The impacted tooth has broken entirely through the old one shattering it to nothing and it's possible the nerve may have died from the numerous infections and exposure. I'm still considering having them removed but as it stands now I have a choice, either have them removed or go to SIGGRAPH this year. Can't afford both. I choose SIGGRAPH. Also on other health news, I'm going to really attempt to treat my tmj disorder. I've been through the process before and all the treatment options. The treatment options all include facial exercises to correct the positioning of the joint and yoga to stretch the muscles in the rest of the body that are effected by the joint. This would be helpful as the constant back pain would be nice to at least get a bit of relief from. Also the stabbing sharp muscle spasms would be nice to eliminate. There is also getting the 5000 dollar custom mouth guard to realign the joints to the proper position which I would still have to wear for the rest of my life. At least while I sleep anyway. Who really ever would have thought that such a small joint/disc in the jaw could be so troublesome. So I'll see how that goes and if stick to any exercises I should do. The mouth guard thing not really feasible at this point financially.

So now a little song I like that is really sweet love song when you think about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment