Saturday, March 5, 2011

Demo reels soon... very soon

Since I currently have a render running and don't like to sit around while Maya hogs my PC power, I have a short but important post.  I'm planning on getting demo reels together soon. I say reels because through research, I learned that demo reels that cram everything an artist does on one reel is frowned upon and a potential employer doesn't like to sit through texturing work if they are looking for an animator. The research I found said make a reel for each one. So that is my plan. I'm going to make one for texturing that I will send to not only smaller studios, but some big names like ILM or Weta Digital. I'm going to make one for modeling that I will send to game companies, and another for animation that will be sent to various animation studios. I plan to have them all compiled and put together in a few months. All of which will be heading with me to SIGGRAPH 2011. I'm kinda excited. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment