Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I can do this!!!

Yep, I'm rather happy now that I finally landed an A in my character animation class. Granted B+ grades are not bad, but I'm one of these people that when it comes to what I want to do for the rest of my life, I must get an A. A little neurotic sure, but what can you do. He is also a tough instructor, and he has been hard on everyone in that class. That is to be understood since he was a character animator for Pixar. This guy has probably seen it all, and is likely not easily impressed. So I figure getting an A on an assignment with him is something to be proud of. Honestly, I was reaching the point where I was thinking 'crap, what if this was a bad decision and I don't have what it takes to be an animator?'

I think I'm getting it now though. I'm really beginning to fully understand the graph editor and how I make it work for what I want. I also think the instructor for my animation workshop is totally awesome as well. He gives me some of the best ideas with what I'm doing, and helps me to get the most out of what I'm doing. He also complimented my scene and saying he really liked it and the story. In a way with him, I feel like I'm in a collaborative project because he helps me so much. He's pretty damned cool.

So now I will continue onward, and keep myself learning so I can go down this road towards my passion. At this point, I am a bit on cloud 9 and really feel like someday when others go through animation classes, maybe, just maybe, my name will be mentioned as one of the greats. In the words of Rapunzel, "I've got a dream" :-)

Something else and this is entirely Tangled related. I admit I work in retail. It pays my way through school, so I can't complain too much. (even though it sucks) Anyway, where I work has several Tangled displays and they all have little Rapunzel dolls, and even Belle and Aurora dolls, and little Disney Princess dresses for little girls and all that. I keep looking at them and thinking to myself, man if only I had a daughter, I could buy her all these things that would probably make her so happy. Kind of a scary thought!!

2 comments:

  1. you're an animator, you're allowed to buy those dolls for yourself :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do make a very valid point, and they would make me happy. Yeah, I'll probably buy them. XD

    ReplyDelete