Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Too tired for a title...

Finding a way to start these things is the biggest pain. Anywho, I am continuing work on my character animation for class and I finally am beginning to fully understand how computer animation works. The one thing I have heard over and over is arcs, arcs, arcs. Now in my animation, my character is running up the stairs and falling back down them. I was reaching the point were I was regretting this decision because I just couldn't get it to look right. Then it hit me. Make the run up and the fall down one large arc. Then I realized it applies to more than just arm and leg movements. It applies to everything. I got it now. :-)

Next up is the debacle over the SIGGRAPH Student Volunteer acceptance letters. I did not get one and my app was changed to incomplete for reasons I do not know. Even though it showed as being complete since December of 2010. I'm still not entirely sure that I want to go, but even at that I would be upset that I was denied going because of a technicality.

I also still have it in my head that I want to move but that also has changed a bit. I'm now thinking of moving to San Francisco so I can start attending school on campus rather than online. I feel like there is so much I am missing because of conversations I have been having with the director of the animation department at my school.

That and there is also a another issue now. While several months back I had no ties to Indiana that could really stop me from moving. That is not entirely the truth now. I will still leave everything behind if that is something I must do, but now it is more complicated. There is someone now that I don't know that I could really leave behind. I'm certain that if push came to shove, I would walk away to pursue my career. But as before, I will leave if I must. I'm just sort of torn. Life has a funny way of throwing you curve balls.

And lastly, my because of the extremely increasing inability I have towards sleeping, my doctor has prescribed me sleeping pills. Real genius idea there too. Everyone doctor I have ever been too has a complete medical history of me, both physical and mental. There is a part of me that is saying "wow". This guy just handed a BPD patient a bottle of sleeping pills. Smart move. Now to clarify, this is not meant to sound that I'm suicidal. Very far from it in fact. But BPD does cause sudden shifts due to emotional instability and patients of BPD are very prone to self harm in one form or another. In my opinion, I don't think it's a wise idea for a doctor to hand out the means to commit acts of self harm to a BPD patient so easily. 

On another note, one of the supervisors whom I found out was badmouthing me behind my back got into an extreme amount of trouble for said badmouthing. Basically the supervisor was bad mouthing me to the wrong person. (aforementioned person in a previous paragraph) The supervisor had to have known that the first thing that would happen is she would come to me and tell me what was said. So, needless to say. I nailed the supervisor to the wall. I have a certain level of moral integrity to the point that if you have something to say someone, say it to them. Not behind their back. This kind of thing will make me pursue an act of retribution very quickly. And everyone who knows me knows this. I sort of have this reputation for being the person not to fuck with. I think I'm seriously just going to have shirts made up that simply say "you've been warned"

Anyway, I'm tired and I'm going to bed now. :-)

2 comments:

  1. those big decisions are hard to make, but when the time comes, you'll know when it is right. I found a great method for decision making. If something feels "shackles on", like you're trapped, don't do it, or move through it very slowly and consciously. If something feels "shackles off", feels like freedom, then go full speed ahead! The details will work themselves out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would be very correct and that is an excellent way to make decisions. The freedom is also really nice. The freedom is awesome because it allows for really unexpected and usually cool things to happen. :)

    ReplyDelete