Friday, April 29, 2011

More goings on...

So, I had another meeting today with Vince DeQuattro. This time other faculty members of the department. When I arrived at the meeting,  I was greeted by Vince with "this is Andrew, and I would like every to give him a round of applause for getting this idea going". That was pretty cool, but I was also turning red a bit. Vince then when on to say how he and Chad (modeling genius and technical guru) at my school were talking and remarking
"that they were kicking themselves for not coming up this idea themselves".

To really elaborate on the idea and what it is would be this. An online office for coordinating online and onsite students both grad and undergrad to get collaborative projects off the ground and work in a studio production pipeline. The opportunities that this will give the students is enormous. This is the sort of thing that every student in Computer Graphics should be doing. I have no doubt that the work we churn out will be amazing. It is my goal to see this program develop some very remarkable shorts that will garner recognition for everyone involved.  These are the things that are going to get us on the path to our careers. The thought it is hitting me that demo reels, portfolios, and websites are nice, but this program is the thing that will get us to Pixar or Dreamworks. This is a bunch of students getting together and saying we don't have to be Pixar or Dreamworks to create some damn good shorts that people will love. It's the people that grab life by the balls and run with it that are successful. This is exactly what myself and other students are going to achieve. This is what I have been dreaming of doing for so long.

Also, since I will now be at SIGGRAPH this year, I am going to meet Vince at the Conference. This is another step towards realizing what I want to do and see it accomplished. When one door opens, it leads to another and then another and another. Eventually all those doors lead to the place I want to be. I am looking forward to going back to SIGGRAPH and meeting all the new faces, and reconnecting with those I met last year. Though I know that there are some who I met last year that won't be able to make it for various reasons, and I wish they could be there. I would love to see many of them again and talk about how their lives has changed since last year. After all, a lot can happen in a year.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Your going to make it big! I just know it <3

    ReplyDelete